The Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN is primarily responsible for providing quality care, appropriate to the ages and needs of the residents served.
Here are a few of the daily responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Visit residents on your assigned unit on a daily basis in order to observe and evaluate each resident’s physical and emotional status. Notify the charge nurse, physician, and/or the DON when there is a change in the resident’s condition.
- Identify resident problems and emergency situations and initiate immediate “life saving” measures in the absence of a physician.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are check frequently.
- Provide direct nursing care and provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents assigned on your unit to provide direct care.
- Administer and document medication and treatments per the physician’s order and accurately record all care provided
- Perform and document a comprehensive assessment on each assigned resident and develop care plan based on such assessment.
- Participate in resident care conferences as assigned.